Tuesday 9 October 2012

OPA Open in Cobourg, 2 Weeks Out!


2 weeks out, October 8th.



Body Composition:



Weight: 234.4 pounds

Body Fat: 3-3.5%



Diet: Refeed on Sunday, keeping carbs at 200g Monday through Wednesday. Thursday: 150g carbs, Friday 100g. Saturday will be another refeed, but this time a bit shorter, no carbs in the morning and 500g after the workout. Sunday will start the carb depletion. Cut out protein shakes, creatine and dairy just to play it safe and eliminate processed foods from the diet. From now on my carbs represent sweet potato, oatmeal and rice cakes (post workout, they will be eliminated on Saturday). Protein sources are chicken breast, tuna, tilapia and egg whites. Fats are only consumed for the last 2 meals and consist only of olive oil and ground flax seeds.




Supplements: All the same from the previous weeks.



Can't wrap my head around how close I am to the show already and that it has almost been 13 weeks of preparation. Pretty much I am counting this week as the last one, as no cardio, no leg or ab workouts are going to be present next week. I will post a detailed plan of the final days before the show next week.

I am up to 60 minutes of fasted cardio in the morning and 20 minutes of cardio after each workout. Have to admit that I am starting to feel a bit overtrtained, as my intensity during workouts is dropping. I can't lift as heavy anymore, which is not a big deal anyway, last thing I need right now is to get injured, so I'm working with moderate weights in a controlled and steady way bringing each set to failure. I also cut out big exercises like squats and leg presses, as they can make the legs to hold some additional water and instead have been doing "shaper" exercises like leg extensions, hamstring curls and lunges.

I still some water, so I will need to play my cards right when it comes to carb depletion and carbing up next week, as well as dropping water to appear dry onstage, but I have a plan and it should work as it did for my previous show.

I feel pretty tired but excited at the same time, will keep you posted about next week.


Embedded image permalink

Embedded image permalink


Until next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment