Tuesday 25 September 2012

OPA Show in Cobourg, 4 Weeks Out!


4 weeks out, Septemeber 24th.



Body Composition:



Weight: 235.8 pounds

Body Fat: 3.6%



Diet: Look like the carb rotation works and I am down an amazing 1% in body fat! I will keep up with it, but will add some more carbs between the refeeds for energy.




Supplements: All the same from the previous weeks.



It is hard to believe that it has been 10 weeks since I started the contest prep, and there are only 4 weeks to go. In fact, it's 3 weeks because I last week of the prep is reserved mostly for the changes in the diet and the volume of training is substantially smaller.

With the carb rotation introduced last week I have lost and additional 1% body fat, which is impressive when the body fat percentage is already very low. However, along with that came a terrible state of exhaustion that pretty much slashed my intensity at the gym in half (I have literally had to drop my weights to as low as 50%). I am really concerned about this change, as my main goal right now is to preserve size (at 6'2 I really shouldnt drop my weight too low, as my shorter and bulkier rivals will simply wipe me out onstage). To counteract a significant weight loss, I am introducing extra carbs on all of the days between the refeeds. So, instead of 110g of carbs on low carb days I will be consuming 200g and on the days preceding the refeeds 250g of carbs will be ingested. I also introduce a table spoon of flaxseed oil in my last meal.

With regards to training the same protocol will be present up until 1 week out. 40 minutes fasted cardio in the morning and an additional 20 minutes of cardio after each training session will be added this week. I started to practice my poses last Thursday for 15-20 minutes a day, which can easily be counted as a workout as well, I was drenched with sweat each time I practiced!

In other words, I am starting to smell the pro tan in the air, as I get closer and closer to the day X. It will be awesome!





Until next week!



www.ivankfitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment