Tuesday 11 September 2012

OPA Show in Cobourg, 6 Weeks Out!


6 weeks out, Septemeber 10th.



Body Composition:



Weight: 236.1 pounds

Body Fat: 4.6%



Diet: I have noticed that I deplete much faster than before and on the second morning after the refeed I start to look flat again. I have decided to increase my carb intake a little between the refeed days, so that I can get through the rest of the workouts with more energy. As well, considering my body fat percentage at this point, I can afford to increase the carb intake, in order to save the muscle. This week, I am adding 60g of carbs, which amounts to 170g a day. The increase comes in the form of additional 0.5cup of oatmeal in the morning and 100g of sweet potato post workout.






Supplements: An additional 10g of glutamine before going to bed to assist recovery and release of growth hormone.



Minus 0.8% body fat is a great news and an indicator that I am on the right track. Fasted cardio seems to help a lot in fat loss. In fact, I was contemplating on whether to increase it to 45 minutes every morning, but decided to leave it at 30 minutes for now as it seems to work for me at this point. No doubt that if I hit a plateau next week I will increase my daily portion of stationary biking. Right now I am seeing changes, such as striations in my triceps and some on my quads as well, which makes me very happy to see them again (haven't seen them since my last show). My energy has been a bit low, I assume that early morning cardio sessions have a lot to do with is, as I am not used to wake up at 6am. However, I realize that it's impossible to walk around full of energy all day, while being 6 weeks out of the show. It's a part of the porcess and I have to suck it up.

This week my training is going to change again, as I have noticed that double sets deplete me a little too fast. I will concentrate on pyramid loading with a dropset at the last set of most exercises. I will be doing single sets and will try to push a little more weight to preserve the muscle, as I don't want to come on stage too skinny (I'm 6'2 and shouldn't be dropping too much weight at this point). All in all, I am trying to maintain the mass as much as I can as my body fat seems to be at a good spot.



Until next week!





No comments:

Post a Comment