Tuesday 18 September 2012

OPA Show in Cobourg, 5 Weeks Out!

5 weeks out, Septemeber 17th.



Body Composition:



Weight: 238 pounds

Body Fat: 4.6%



Diet: Started to use what is called a carb rotation diet. Basically, I still have the 2 refeed days on Thursday and Sunday, but I will alternate the amount of carbs a little bit from day to day:



Sunday – refeed, approx. 800-900g of carbs.

Monday – low carb, 110g of carbs

Tuesday – low carb, 110g of carbs

Wednesday – higher carb, 220g of carbs

Thursday – refeed, approx 700g of carbs

Friday – low carb, 110g of carbs

Saturday – low carb, 110g of carbs



The 2 days following the refeed should be a low carb as I feel that I can sustain my energy levels somewhat without feeling too depleted. Wednesdays I am doubling the carbs from low carb day, as this is the day where I feel the crappiest and need some additional fuel to get through the day. This is pretty much the logic behind it, I will stick to this set up until one week out.





Supplements: All the same from the previous weeks.



Another week passed by and I am already 5 weeks out from the show! It feels both too far and too close, if you take in consideration that I have been dieting for 9 weeks already (that have passed by so quickly). I am sure I will remember this prep the most, considering that I wasn't killing myself like I did during the past contest preps and got the best results yet.

My body fat hasn't changed this week and my weight went up. It could be attributed to the morning cardio that made me sleep less. I will fix this problem this week and will make sure that I sleep at least 8 hours a day, and if necessary will also take naps during the day. I am not too enthusiastic about the fat persentage being the same, but yet again the caliper measurements have a little room for an error. As of this point I am not going by the measurements anymore, as it is hard to measure the skinfold anyway as the skin sits pretty tight, especially on my quads. Instead I am going by the mirror and am seeing amazing results! I have new veins popping out every week, I have never seen these veins before, even being at my leanest.

I am going to restrict my refeeds a little bit and get rid of the pretzels and the fat and gluten free potato puffs as it is very hard to control the portions with these food items. From now on I will schedule every meal and make sure to hit the target amount of carbs, without overdoing it.

This week I am also starting my tanning schedule. I will start off with 2 days this week and increase it to every other day by the end of 3rd week out. With tanning I am really not trying to achieve a beautiful bronze tan. Tanning makes the skin tighter and also pushes the water out, so the muscle looks drier.

Anyhow, I cannot wait for the day of the competition to see the final product of this hard work!



Until next week!
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment