Tuesday 28 August 2012

OPA Show in Cobourg, 8 Weeks Out!


8 weeks out August 26th.



Body Composition:



Weight: 236 pounds

Body Fat: 5.8%



Diet: I have started to do 2 refeed days a week (Thursday and Sunday). Both are loaded with carbs of a high GI type. I will walk you through my refeed day in my video that I am planning to post soon, but here's pretty much my Sunday's carb up:



Refeed Day:

Meal 1: 2cups oatmeal, 1tbsp honey and handful of raisins, 1scoop protein powder

Meal 2: 18 spicy tuna pieces (no mayo), 1 spicy tuna handroll, sea weed salad and extra rice (white)

Meal 3: 2 blueberry bagels w/fat free cream cheese and reduced sugar jam, 150g basa

Meal 4: Home made low fat pizza (doesn't really taste like pizza, but still very good), pretzels

Meal 5: Second half of that pizza and pretzels

Meal 6: 2 blueberry bagels w/fat free cream cheese and reduced sugar jam, protein shake (1scoop).



Calories: 3887 (maybe 4000)

Fat: 38g

Carbs: 641g

Protein: 185g



My regular non refeed days are:



Calories: 2373 (lets make it 2400)

Fat: 30g

Carbs: 110g

Protein: 405g



It sounds like I have lost my mind and am giving in to cravings when I eat all this carby food on my refeeds, but it's working! I store some water the next day, but am much fuller, stronger and getting leaner each week. In other words, I can keep up with the intensity of the workouts, keep my metabolism high and therefore burn more fat.



Supplements: Ephedrine and Caffeine are now up to 24mg ephedrine and 200mg caffeine 3 times a day. Finally, the jitters are gone completely and I feel very peaceful :)



I dropped another .3% of fat last week, but my weight stayed the same this time. Looks like the refeeds are working wonders! I make sure that the days I don't refeed, I keep my protein high, and carbs very moderate (only 3 times a day to a total of around 135g). I try to limit my fat intake only to the one I get from chicken, Pam frying spray and seal oil. Very low calorie high protein diet, otherwise there would not be a need in refeeding. I will expand more on the importance of refeed in an article I am writing, but basically it is necessary to have them once or twice a week in order to pull your body from a catabolic state induced by heavy training, cardio and low calories. Otherwise, the body will start clinging on to every bit of fat. Anyway, I feel great and can't wait to get up on stage already!



Until next week!



www.ivankfitness.com

No comments:

Post a Comment